Hours of work for 14 & 15yearolds when school is in session:
- Not during school hours.
- 3 hours per day, 8 hours on nonschool days.
- 18 hours per week maximum.
- May work between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Fourteen and 15yearolds are not allowed to be employed during the hours their school is in session.
Hours of work for 14 & 15yearolds when school is not in session (from June 1 through Labor Day):
- 8 hours per day.
- 40 hours per week maximum.
- May work from 7am to 9pm.
Hour of work for 16 & 17yearolds, any time of the year:
- Any hour of the day.
- 44 hour per week maximum.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Your Next Step:
Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.
Popular Attorney Searches: