Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What Documentation Is Needed To Apply For Benefits?

If filing in person, the applicant should bring two forms of identification, such as a driver's license, social security card, photo ID, or organization card and a pay stub from his/her last employer. The applicant should have the name, address, and telephone number of the last place he/she worked. Additional information such as W­2 forms and pay stubs from each company for whom the applicant worked in the past 18 months is also helpful. If filing by telephone, the applicant should have the same information as listed above when making the telephone call. If separated in the past 18 months from the US armed forces, the applicant also must submit a DD­214 (Member 4). If separated in the past 18 months from federal civilian employment, the applicant also must submit a SF­8 and SF­50. If employed out of state in the past 18 months, the applicant must provide the name(s) and address(es) of the employer(s). If other than a U.S. Citizen, the applicant must have evidence to establish authorization to perform work in the United States during the period of employment.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Featured Ohio Employment LawFirm

The Law Offices of Charles A. McKinney

Are You the Victim of Discrimination, Wrongful Termination or a Hostile Work Environment? Call An Experienced and Dedicated Attorney. Let Me Passionately Fight To Get You The Justice You Deserve!

Captcha Image

Related Employment Issues