Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

How Do I Apply For Unemployment Insurance?

You should apply for UI benefits using the new on­line application or through the automated TEL­CLAIM system by calling the TEL­CLAIM Center (TCC) at 1­888­209­8124.

You should have available your Social Security number; your New York State driver's license or Motor Vehicle ID card number if you have one; your mailing address; a telephone number where you can be contacted for additional information; your alien registration card number, if you have one; the names and addresses of all employers for whom you've worked within the last 18 months, including those in another state; your copies of forms SF 8 and SF 50 if you had federal employment within the last 18 months; and your copy of your most recent separation form DD214 if you are an ex­service member claiming benefits based on your military service.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Employment Law Lawyers

Related Employment Issues