Students 14 and 15 years of age may NOT be employed:
- during school hours, except as provided for in work experience and career exploration programs.
- before 7:00 a.m. or after 7:00 p.m. except from June 1 through Labor Day when evening hours are extended to 9:00 p.m.
- more than 3 hours a day on a school day.
- more than 18 hours a week in a school week.
- more than 8 hours a day on a nonschool day.
There are no hour or time restrictions for students 16 years of age or over.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Your Next Step:
Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.
Popular Attorney Searches: