Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

How Do I File New Hire Reports?

You must file a New Hire Report within 20 days of the date of hire. In the alternative, you may mail or fax a copy of each employees' W­4 form, or an equivalent form approved or provided by NH Employment Security. To report independent contractors, you may use, a Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification, also known as a W­9.

MAIL TO: NH Employment Security
PO Box 2092
Concord, NH 03302­2092
Attn: Tax Unit Supervisor
TEL: (603) 229­4371 or 1­800­803­4485

FAX TO: (603) 229­4324 or 1­888­783­3598

You may also file New Hire Reports by magnetic media (tape, 3 1/2 diskettes, or cartridge). If you decide and/or are required to file your New Hire Reports by magnetic media, you must make two monthly transmissions which are not less than 12 days nor more than 16 days apart. For more information about filing reports magnetically, contact the NHES Supervisor of Data Preparation at (603) 228­4011.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Related Employment Issues