Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?

Yes. You may voluntarily elect to have 10% of your gross benefits deducted and withheld for Federal Income Tax purposes. Federal Income Tax will be deducted after all mandatory deductions (Benefits Offset, Child Support) have been withheld. You may change your election, in writing, at any time. An Election Form for Withholding of Federal Income Tax (Form 453) is available for this purpose.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Related Employment Issues