Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What If I Am Overpaid?

Occasionally, benefits are improperly paid. Overpayments may occur for a variety of reasons which may include, but are not limited to: claimant error, appeal reversals, fraud, failure to report earnings or income, or division errors. All overpaid benefits must be repaid to the division.

The division may withhold your weekly benefit entitlement and apply that amount to repay the overpayment. You may be eligible for a reduced weekly withholding. Contact the Benefit Payment Control Collections office at (775) 684­0475 to discuss your eligibility for this option. You may also apply for this option through the Telephone Claim Center.

If you feel that repaying the overpayment would cause you extreme hardship, you may request that the overpayment amount be waived. Waiver request must be in writing and include all financial and/or personal circumstances to support your claim of hardship.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Related Employment Issues