Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?

Either the claimant or the employer may file an appeal in writing with the Nebraska Appeal Tribunal. You may file your appeal by letter to your Area Claims Center or on a form provided by your Area Claims Center office. You must include a brief statement of the reasons why you are appealing.

Your appeal must be received by one of the local employment offices or the Administrative office of the Department of Labor in Lincoln, Nebraska, within twenty calendar days of the date of issuance of the Deputy's determination. The date of issuance is indicated on the determination form. When the last day to file an appeal falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or a legal holiday, the time limit is extended to the next regular workday.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Related Employment Issues