Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

How Do I File An Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?

File a claim by reporting to the nearest Mississippi State Unemployment Service Office to file an application for work and to the nearest claims office to file a claim for unemployment benefits.

You must also file a weekly claim form in accordance with mail claim instructions, and certify weekly as to your eligibility. If you are working less than full time because of lack of work and your earnings are less than your weekly benefit amount plus $40.00, you may still be eligible for benefits.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Related Employment Issues