Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

How Do I File A Wage Claim?

An employee who believes that his or her employer has failed to pay wages or benefits may file a complaint with the Wage and Hour Division. A complaint must be filed within 12 months of the alleged violation. The Wage and Hour Division tries to complete investigations within 90 days. If a claim cannot be informally resolved, the Wage and Hour Division will issue a written determination that the employee or employer may appeal. A hearing before an administrative law judge will be scheduled. The Wage Complaint form and instructions are also available online.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Employment Law Lawyers

Related Employment Issues