Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

How Does My Business File Quarterly Reports And Returns?

You are required to report your payroll and pay unemployment insurance taxes four times a year. Form DLLR/OUI 15/16 will be sent to you at the end of each quarter. You are required to report the amount of total "gross wages" paid each quarter on the "Contribution Return" and on the "Employment Report". Employers must also calculate and report the amount of total "taxable wages." For Maryland unemployment insurance purposes, "taxable wages" are defined as the first $8,500 earned by each employee in a calendar year.

Maryland employers with 100 or more employees are required to submit quarterly wage information on magnetic tape. In addition, diskette reporting is now available and smaller employers are encouraged to use this method. For more information, call (410) 767­4380 or (410) 767­2530 or click on the following links:

Quarterly Reporting of Unemployment Insurance Wage and Records via the Internet

Magnetic Media Specifications

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Related Employment Issues