Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?

You have the right to appeal the denial of benefits to the Office of Administrative Hearings. You must file your appeal within 15 calendar days of the mailing date of the Deputy's Decision. There are several ways to request a hearing:

  1. You can file your appeal online.
  2. Call Administrative Hearings at (207) 624­5900.
  3. Fill out the Appeal form on the back of your Deputy's Decision. Once you have done this, you may mail, fax, or hand deliver the form:

Maine Department of Labor
Division of Administrative Hearings
2 Anthony Avenue, Suite #1
Augusta, ME 04330­9477

Telephone: (207) 624­5900
Fax: (207) 624­5903
TTY: 1­800­794­1110 (Hearing Impaired)
E­Mail: [email protected]

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Related Employment Issues