Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

Can The Employer Do Anything About The Claim?

If an individual voluntarily left employment with your company or if that individual was discharged for misconduct, you may have a valid reason to protest the payment of benefits. Your first opportunity to protest is to submit a Separation Notice Alleging Disqualification, Form 77 . This form must be completed and delivered or mailed to the former employee within 72 hours of the separation. Within the same period, a copy of the completed form must be sent to the Department of Labor. Your next opportunity to protest will be when you receive the Notice of Claim Filed, Form 110 and/or the Notice to Base Period Employer, Form 152. You should give exact and factual information regarding the employee's separation. Failure to return the forms within the ten days allowed may jeopardize your right to receive a non­charge on the payment of benefits.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Related Employment Issues