Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

How Do I Report Wages And Pay Unemployment Tax?

Once you become liable, you will be required to file a report at the end of each calendar quarter listing your employees and their wages and compute and pay tax based on your payroll. Most employers file on form UI­3, "Employer Quarterly Unemployment Wage and Tax Report." Forms are mailed to employers with active accounts at the end of each quarter. These reports are preprinted with the business name and address, account numbers, due date, tax rate, and prior credit or debit balances. If you do not receive a preprinted report by the middle of the month following the end of the quarter, contact the tax branch or your nearest local office to obtain a replacement copy.

You may also submit your tax and wage report online.

Employers who have 250 or more employees are required to file by magnetic media. CD, FTP, or DISKETTE are accepted. Smaller employers may also use magnetic media if they choose. Filing requirements for magnetic media are outlined in the Magnetic Media Reporting Manual which may be obtained by calling (502) 564­2168.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Related Employment Issues