You may file an initial claim for unemployment insurance benefits using one of four methods:
- Online CLICK HERE
- By visiting the nearest Workforce Development Center and participating in an initialclaim group session;
- By calling the Unemployment Insurance Service Center at (877) 8915344 (tollfree outside the Des Moines area) or 2814199 (in the Des Moines calling area), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Central Standard Time.; or
- Through your most recent employer.
When you file your initial claim, you'll need to have the following information handy:
- Your Social Security number;
- The name, address and telephone number of your most recent employer, and the beginning and ending dates you worked for that employer;
- An Alien Registration number, if you are not a U.S. citizen;
- A DD214 (Member 4), if you served in the U.S. military during the last 18 months;
- An SF8 form, if you worked for the federal government in the last 18 months;
- The name(s) of anyone you will be claiming as a dependent, up to a maximum of four; and
- The amount your spouse earned in the preceding week, if you want to claim your spouse as a dependent (must be $120 or less to be claimed).
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Your Next Step:
Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.
Popular Attorney Searches: