Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What Can I Do If I Disagree With The Aljs Decision?

You may appeal the Administrative Judge's decision to the Unemployment Insurance Review Board within twenty days of the mailing date of the ALJ decision. A party appealing an ALJ decision must file a Form 651 (Request for Appeal to Review Board), or a document that indicates a desire to appeal and contains a specific statement explaining why the appealing party believes that the ALJ's decision is wrong. In most cases, the Review Board will examine the record of the hearing before the ALJ, and will reach its decision, based upon the facts presented at that hearing. The Review Board may grant a request, to introduce additional evidence, if the requesting party shows good cause as to why the evidence was not presented at the ALJ hearing, and why the evidence is relevant. In a small number of cases, the Review Board will conduct a hearing. Following a decision by the Review Board, appeals to the Court of Appeals may be made for errors of law, or findings, not supported by the evidence under the same terms and conditions, as govern appeals in ordinary civil actions.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Employment Law Lawyers

Related Employment Issues