Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Benefits?

If you need to file an initial claim, you may:

  1. File in person at your nearest local Job Service Office. Click here for a list of the Job Service locations in Idaho.
  2. Call your nearest Job Service Office.

If you are filing a claim against Idaho, but live in another state, you may also file your claim by calling (208) 332­3574.

When you file, have the following information available:

  • Your Social Security number.
  • If you are not a citizen of the United States, your Alien Registration number and card.
  • The business names, complete addresses including zip codes, and phone numbers of all employers for whom you worked during the last 2 years.
  • The dates your work started and ended for those employers.
  • Your total gross earnings from those employers.
  • The reason you are no longer working for those employers.
  • DD Form 214, Member 4, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, if you were a member of the Military Service in the past 2 years.
  • Your county of residence if you live outside the state of Idaho.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law for Employees Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Related Employment for Employees Issues