Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

How Do I Register As An Employer With The Unemployment Insurance Division?

An employer must file Form UC­1, Report to Determine Liability Under the Hawaii Employment Security Law with the Unemployment Insurance Division within twenty days after initially hiring an employee. Determination of liability will be made and a subject employer will be assigned an identification number. The DOL number will be assigned only after definite employment has been confirmed with the mandatory filing of Form UC­BP­5(A), "Report of New Hire(s)".

Employers must report each new hire within five working days from the date the employee began work. If you presently have employees, complete this form and submit the original together with the Form UC­1. Additional report forms will be mailed to you after the DOL number has been assigned. Your quarterly tax reporting forms will also be mailed to you after confirming your liability.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Related Employment Issues