The current minimum wage in Georgia is $5.15 per hour. This does not apply to:
- Any employer that has sales of $40,000.00 per year or less;
- Any employer having five employees or less;
- Any employer of domestic employees;
- Any employer who is a farm owner, sharecropper, or land renter;
- Any employee whose compensation consists wholly or partially of gratuities;
- Any employee who is a high school or college student;
- Any individual who is employed as a newspaper carrier; or
- Any individual who is employed by a nonprofit childcaring institution or longterm care facility serving children or mentally disabled adults who are enrolled in such institution and reside in residential facilities of the institution, if such employee resides in such facilities, receives without cost board and lodging from such institution, and is compensated on a cash basis at an annual rate of not less than $10,000.00.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Your Next Step:
Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.
Popular Attorney Searches: