Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What Can I Do If I Disagree With The Decision Of The Hearing Officer?

If you are still not satisfied with the decision, you may appeal to the Board of Review. The Board is a 3­member panel appointed by the Governor. The Board reviews the entire record of the hearing held by the administrative hearing officer and all other relevant materials. They do not hold a hearing with the parties present. They do not take new evidence or testimony. They review the case and either affirm, modify or reverse the decision of the hearing officer. Sometimes they may send the case back (remand) to the hearing officer to re­hear or to take additional testimony. The Board's written decision is mailed to all interested parties. The decision gives appeal rights for appealing the Board's decision.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Employment Law Lawyers

Related Employment Issues