Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

Can I File A Claim If I Earned Wages In Another State?

You can file a Georgia claim if you have any wages earned in Georgia in your base period. If you have earned wages in another state during the base period, those earnings may be added to your Georgia wages to increase your benefit amount (up to the maximum allowed in Georgia).

If all of your wages were earned in another state during the base period and you now live in Georgia, you may file an interstate claim. The Georgia Department of Labor acts as the agent for the state where you can establish a claim. That state is the paying state and its rules and regulations determine whether you can establish a claim, how much the claim is potentially worth and all other requirements. You, however, must register for work at a Georgia Department of Labor office.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Employment Law Lawyers

Related Employment Issues