Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What Should I Do To Register As An Employer In The District Of Columbia?

District of Columbia employers are required by law to file a Combined Registration Application (FR­500) that can be completed and filed via the web or is available in hard copy at the following locations:
    Department of Tax and Revenue
    Business Tax Registration Office
    941 North Capitol Street, NE
    Washington, DC 20002
    (202) 727­4829
    Department of Employment Services
    Office of Unemployment Compensation Tax Division
    609 H Street, NE, 3rd floor
    Washington, DC 20002
    (202) 698­7550
Form FR­500 is used to provide the agency with information on ownership, location, and type of business, which is needed to make a determination of an employing unit's liability to pay unemployment taxes in the District of Columbia. Form FR­500 is also required when one employer acquires all or part of the assets of another employer. If completed off­line, the FR­500 should be completed in duplicate, with the employer retaining one copy. If completed on­line, the form should be printed before submittal to the Department of Tax and Revenue. Once a determination is made, employers will be advised by DOES whether they are liable or not, and if liable, when the liability began and the quarters for which tax reports and payments are due.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Employment Law Lawyers

Related Employment Issues