Lawyers are ready to help during these stressful times. Schedule your consultation >

Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What Can I Do If I Am Denied Benefits?

If you do not agree with your monetary determination, or if you disagree with a determination that you are ineligible/disqualified for benefits, you may request a hearing before a referee. You may submit a request for a hearing in person or by writing to your local office. Requests for Appeals must be filed in person or be postmarked within 10 days of the date of the Notice of Determination.

A hearing is usually scheduled within a few weeks after an appeal is filed. All parties will receive a Notice of Hearing, including the time, date, location and issues to be covered in the hearing.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Related Employment Issues