Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

Am I Eligible For Benefits If Am Fired Or Quit?

The EDD will send a Notice of Claim Filed to your last employer and give your employer the chance to report information about the circumstances of your termination from employment. In addition, the EDD will contact you and your employer to get more information on how the job ended. The Department will then determine whether or not you are eligible, based on California laws and regulations.

A determination is a written notice mailed to the claimant and/or an employer that provides a decision on a claimant's eligibility for UI benefits. The determination is issued by EDD and may be based on the reason the claimant's job ended, or other eligibility issues.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Featured California Employment LawFirm

Randy J. Harvey Law, P.C.

Call for a Dedicated and Experienced Attorney at Your Side!

Captcha Image

Related Employment Issues