Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

How Do I Qualify For Benefits?

Crewmembers with injury or illness directly connected to operations as a commercial fisherman must hold valid commercial fishing licenses or limited entry permits before the time of injury or illness to qualify for benefits. Onset of injury or illness must be onshore in Alaska or on Alaska waters. Initial treatment must be received within 60 days after onset of injury or illness. An application must be submitted within one (1) year after initial treatment. Finally, each treatment must be documented by a medical chart note and submitted.

Two reports must be completed including Fisherman's Report of Injury or Illness and Physician's Report of Injury or Illness. The fisherman and physician must each fully complete their respective report. These two reports need be completed only once, by the fisherman upon his initial treatment, and by the initial treating physician.

For further information on what is and is not covered under the Fisherman's Fund, click here

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Related Employment Issues