Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Compensation Benefits?

Your UI Call Center can take your application for unemployment benefits over the phone. To help you find a job, they can register you for work with the Alaska Job Center. After your UI claim has been opened, you may file for bi­weekly benefits over the phone by calling your Automated Telephone Claim Filing System known as VICTOR. VICTOR can only be accessed with a personal identification number called a PIN, which you will set up during your first call to VICTOR. Once your PIN has been established, you may use VICTOR to file your bi­weekly claims by phone or to inquire about the status of your check. Call VICTOR during Week 3 of your benefit year and every two weeks after that.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Related Employment Issues