Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

How I do vote if I am on active duty in the military, but registered to vote in New York?

You can fill out a special application to register and vote by absentee ballot in New York, no matter where or for how long you are stationed, so long as your designated “home of record” is New York. This application is filed with the board of elections in the county of your “home of record”. One application remains valid for both your registration and absentee ballot for two federal elections. You can obtain a copy of this application from the Voting Assistance Officer on your military base, or online.

Speak to an Experienced Right to Vote Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified right to vote lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local right to vote attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Right to Vote attorney today.

Additional Right to Vote Articles

Search LawInfo's Right to Vote Resources

Right to Vote Videos

Voting Rights

Related Right to Vote Issues