Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

How and where do I register to vote absentee?

Specific registration requirements to vote by absentee ballot, and the deadlines to register, vary from state to state. You may use a single form to register and request an absentee ballot: The Federal Post Card Application. This application form is accepted by all states and territories and is postage- paid in the U.S. mail, including the Military Postal System and State Department Pouch mail. Hard copies of the form can be obtained from your state's Voting Assistance Officer or requested directly from the Federal Voting Assistance Program.

Your Voter Registration/Absentee Ballot request form must be completed, printed, signed, dated and mailed directly to your local election official. You can find your local elections office at the Federal Voting Assistance Program website:

Speak to an Experienced Right to Vote Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified right to vote lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local right to vote attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Right to Vote attorney today.

Additional Right to Vote Articles

Search LawInfo's Right to Vote Resources

Right to Vote Videos

Voting Rights