- The buyer does not have to be notified before the repossession occurs.
- The creditor cannot commit a crime, use abusive language, enter a home without permission, or take an item if the owner physically resists.
- Cars can be towed from public or private lots.
- A car can be towed from the owner's driveway if no other car is moved
- A car cannot be towed from the owner's garage.
Speak to an Experienced Creditors Rights Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified creditors rights lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local creditors rights attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.