As a consumer, you never know if the vehicle you purchase/lease will turn out to be a lemon. However, there are several things you can do to take full advantage of the Lemon Law`s protection.
- Read and understand the warranty BEFORE the sale/lease. Make sure you know exactly what is covered and for how long.
- Before taking delivery of your new vehicle, inspect it. If any problems are noticed, refuse delivery until they are corrected.
- Read, understand and follow maintenance requirements in the owner`s manual.
- Keep records of all car maintenance to prove, if necessary, the defect was not caused by your abuse or negligence.
- If problems develop, contact the dealer as soon as possible.
- Keep a record of the date and nature of all repairs made to your car. Be sure to obtain a copy of the service order from the dealer stating exactly what repairs were made to your vehicle.
- Keep a record of all contacts made to the dealer or manufacturer. Keep copies of all letters and records of all telephone calls. This may later help prove what was said and may also avoid misunderstandings.
Speak to an Experienced Lemon Law Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified lemon lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local lemon attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Your Next Step:
Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Lemon Law attorney today.
Popular Attorney Searches: