When Will My Benefits Begin And How Much Will They Be?
You must complete and submit an Application For Temporary Total Disability benefits to your treating physician or chiropractor. Your doctor must then complete the Health Care Provider`s Certification Of Temporary Total Disability benefits form and submit it to the Division.
When approved, Temporary Total Disability benefits payments are the equivalent of 2/3 of your actual gross monthly wages at the time of injury, not to exceed the statewide average monthly wage.
Temporary Total Disability benefits payments are not allowed for the first 3 days of disability, unless you are totally disabled for 8 days or more.
When the period of temporary total disability is less than 8 days, you will be paid Temporary Total Disability benefits from the 4th day of disability until the day you returned to work.
Additional Workers' Compensation Articles
- How Long After An Injury Do I Have To Report It To My Employer?
- How Do I Know If My Employer Is Covered By Workers' Compensation?
- What Workers' Compensation Benefits Am I Entitled To?
- If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?
- If I Am Unable To Return To The Type Of Work I Did Before I Was Injured, What Happens?
- My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?