How Long After An Injury Do I Have To Report It To My Employer?
You must report your injury to your employer within 72 hours of the accident causing your injury.
You must also report your injury to the Division within 10 days of the accident causing your injury. This report must be in writing, on an injury report form provided by the Division. You may obtain the Wyoming Employee Report of Injury form from your employer or any Division office. This report must be signed, then returned to the Division.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Workers' Compensation Articles
- How Do I Know If My Employer Is Covered By Workers' Compensation?
- What Workers' Compensation Benefits Am I Entitled To?
- If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?
- When Will My Benefits Begin And How Much Will They Be?
- If I Am Unable To Return To The Type Of Work I Did Before I Was Injured, What Happens?
- My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?