My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

Upon issuing an order regarding the right to benefits, the Commissioner of the Workers Compensation Division must give notice of any action to the employer and employee, or dependent, who may file objections within 30 days. A hearing is held before a trial examiner.

Either party may appeal to the Workers` Compensation Appeal Board within 30 days, and either party may apply for review by the Supreme Court of Appeals from decision of the Board within 30 days.

For more information regarding Workers` Compensation or the filing of a claim you can call the Workers Compensation Division at the phone number below.

Workers Compensation Division

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources