If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?
You will not be permitted to change doctors without obtaining written permission for a change. This rule does not apply to cases transferred after emergency or first aid treatment, cases transferred to a specialist by the original attending doctor or cases where an unforeseen emergency develops which requires special facilities and skills not available to the attending physician or hospital.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Workers' Compensation Articles
- How Long After An Injury Do I Have To Report It To My Employer?
- How Do I Know If My Employer Is Covered By Workers' Compensation?
- What Workers' Compensation Benefits Am I Entitled To?
- When Will My Benefits Begin And How Much Will They Be?
- If I Am Unable To Return To The Type Of Work I Did Before I Was Injured, What Happens?
- My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?