If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?
You will not be permitted to change doctors without obtaining written permission for a change. This rule does not apply to cases transferred after emergency or first aid treatment, cases transferred to a specialist by the original attending doctor or cases where an unforeseen emergency develops which requires special facilities and skills not available to the attending physician or hospital.
Speak to an Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified workers' compensation lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local workers' compensation attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Workers' Compensation Articles
- How Long After An Injury Do I Have To Report It To My Employer?
- How Do I Know If My Employer Is Covered By Workers' Compensation?
- What Workers' Compensation Benefits Am I Entitled To?
- When Will My Benefits Begin And How Much Will They Be?
- If I Am Unable To Return To The Type Of Work I Did Before I Was Injured, What Happens?
- My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?