If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?

You may choose any doctor who is qualified to treat your injury or disease. You may change doctors or ask for a consulting opinion from another doctor if you feel you are not making proper progress with your current doctor. However, to ensure proper payment of your medical bills, you must get approval from your claim manager before changing doctors or seeking another opinion.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More