My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

If your employer`s insurance adjuster notifies you that it has denied your claim or that it disputes your right to further compensation or medical benefits, you have a right to contest that decision before the Workers` Compensation Division.

Specialists work closely with the insurance claims adjuster and claimant. They will see that the adjuster completes the necessary paperwork and insure that medical examinations are performed as required. These specialists may also serve as mediators, helping the parties resolve conflicts over case issues. You can contact the Workers` Compensation Division at the Vermont Department of Labor & Industry at the address or number below.

Vermont Department of Labor and Industry
National Life Building
Drawer 20
Montpelier, Vermont 05620­3401
Telephone:(802) 828­2286
Fax: (802) 828­2195

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More