If I Am Unable To Return To The Type Of Work I Did Before I Was Injured, What Happens?

If your doctor releases you to part­time work or light duty work while you are recovering, then you may be entitled to temporary, partial disability compensation. You may also be entitled to vocational rehabilitation assistance to help you find suitable alternative employment. The goal of this assistance is to ensure that you return to work in a job that is both safe, given your physical capacities, and appropriate to your educational and employment background.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More