If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?

Your employer can pick a company doctor for your first medical visit. After that visit you can pick your own doctor by filing a Form 8, which is on the reverse side of your First Report (the form you file when you are first injured). You need to give your reasons for wanting a new doctor.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More