How Long After An Injury Do I Have To Report It To My Employer?
You may be asked to fill out an accident report or a portion of the Employer`s First Report Of Injury. Your employer is required to complete the Employer`s First Report of Injury, (Form 122). A copy of this report is to be given to the employee, the Labor Commission and the insurance carrier within seven days of you reporting your work related injury.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Workers' Compensation Articles
- How Do I Know If My Employer Is Covered By Workers' Compensation?
- What Workers' Compensation Benefits Am I Entitled To?
- If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?
- When Will My Benefits Begin And How Much Will They Be?
- If I Am Unable To Return To The Type Of Work I Did Before I Was Injured, What Happens?
- My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?