My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

After receiving a notice of workers` compensation denial from either your employer or the employer`s insurance company, you may file a claim petition seeking initial compensation. The injured employee has 3 years from the date of injury to file a claim petition. You may also wish to contact the Pennsylvania workers` compensation claims information helpline at the phone numbers listed below.

Toll-free inside Pennsylvania: (800) ­482-­2383.
Local calls and calls from outside Pennsylvania: (717) 772-4447.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More