My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?
If, after reviewing the additional information you provided, NDWC agrees with you that its decision was wrong, NDWC will reverse the Notice of Decision and award benefits or if NDWC does not agree that its decision was wrong, NDWC will issue an administrative order further explaining the reasons for the decision. You can contact the Office of Independent Review within 30 days from the date the order was mailed to you. In your letter, explain why you think the decision is wrong or explain what other assistance you would like. If you choose not to seek the assistance of the Office of Independent Review, you can write to NDWC and request a hearing. If you do not request assistance from the Office of Independent Review or request a hearing within 30 days from the date the order was mailed to you, the order becomes final and may not be appealed.
You may contact the Office of Independent Review at the following address or phone number.
Office of Independent Review
2525 East Rosser Avenue
Bismarck, ND 585021175
(701) 3289900 or 18007014932
North Dakota Workers Compensation
500 East Front Avenue
Bismarck ND 585045685
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Workers' Compensation Articles
- How Long After An Injury Do I Have To Report It To My Employer?
- How Do I Know If My Employer Is Covered By Workers' Compensation?
- What Workers' Compensation Benefits Am I Entitled To?
- If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?
- When Will My Benefits Begin And How Much Will They Be?
- If I Am Unable To Return To The Type Of Work I Did Before I Was Injured, What Happens?