My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

Begin by discussing the claim with your supervisor. If you still have questions, contact the claims adjuster for your insurer. If you continue to feel your concerns are not being addressed, contact the Division of Industrial Relations for assistance. In addition, state law requires all insurers to provide appeal rights to the Department of Administration Hearing Division that was established to resolve disputes in claims. If you disagree with a claim determination, you may appeal the decision to the Hearing Officer within 70 days from the date of the insurer`s determination or to the Appeals Officer within 30 days of a determination. If you still have questions, you may call the Nevada Attorney for Injured Workers to help you understand the procedure.

Nevada Attorney for Injured Workers helps injured workers with their appeals by giving advice on workers` compensation benefits and procedures, or by being appointed to represent the injured worker at Appeals Officer hearings if the worker, employer, or insurer appeals a benefit issue to settle a grievance.

For information regarding denial of benefits, you may contact the Nevada Attorney for Injured Workers at:

555 E. Washington Blvd.
Suite 4800
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101
(702) 486­-2830


1000 E. William Street, Suite 213
Carson City, Nevada 89701
(775) 687-­4076

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources