My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?
Any person involved in a workers` compensation claim may request informal dispute resolution to help settle an issue or an entire case without the need for a formal hearing. Neutral third party mediators can help people resolve their disputes and reach agreements.
A petition must be filed within two years of the date of the accident or the date of last payment of compensation (either medical or indemnity payments) made, or the claim for compensation may be barred by the Statute of Limitations.
Nebraska Workers` Compensation
Court Mediation Coordinator
P.O. Box 98908
Lincoln NE 685098908
8005995155 (toll free in Nebraska)
4024716468 (for Lincoln and outofstate callers)
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Workers' Compensation Articles
- How Long After An Injury Do I Have To Report It To My Employer?
- How Do I Know If My Employer Is Covered By Workers' Compensation?
- What Workers' Compensation Benefits Am I Entitled To?
- If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?
- When Will My Benefits Begin And How Much Will They Be?
- If I Am Unable To Return To The Type Of Work I Did Before I Was Injured, What Happens?