When Will My Benefits Begin And How Much Will They Be?
Workers` compensation benefits are paid beginning on the eighth day of your disability. You will not be paid benefits for the first seven days unless your disability lasts longer than 14 days. The first payment should be made no later than 21 days after your employer knew about your injury.
Pennsylvania`s Workers` Compensation law states that an injured worker can start collecting for lost wages after being off of the job for 7 days. The law entitles an injured worker to collect 2/3 of their current weekly gross wages up to a maximum of $611 a week in compensation for injuries occurring before January 1, 2001 and a maximum of $644 a week in compensation for injuries occurring after January 1, 2001. There are no increases for cost of living in workers` compensation benefits.
If an injured worker returns to a job that pays less earnings than before the injury, partial disability may. Workers` Compensation will pay 2/3 of the difference in salary up to a maximum of 500 weeks or 9 1/2 years.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Workers' Compensation Articles
- What Is Workers' Compensation?
- Who Is Covered By Workers' Compensation?
- I Was Injured At Work. What Should I Do?
- How Do I Get Medical Treatment For My Injury?
- Will I Be Paid When I Am Off Work?
- Will I Be Paid Mileage For My Trips To The Doctor?
- Will I Get A Settlement?
- Are Occupational Diseases Covered?
- Will I Be Paid Anything For Scarring Or Disfigurement?
- What If I Am Unable To Return To Work Because Of My Injury?
- What Is The Second Injury Fund?
- What Is Vocational Rehabilitation?
- What If My Employer Failed To Obtain Insurance?
- Which State's Laws Apply To My Case?
- Do I Need A Lawyer For My Workers' Compensation Case?
- How Long After An Injury Do I Have To Report It To My Employer?
- How Do I Know If My Employer Is Covered By Workers' Compensation?
- What Workers' Compensation Benefits Am I Entitled To?
- If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?
- If I Am Unable To Return To The Type Of Work I Did Before I Was Injured, What Happens?
- My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?
- When Should I File A Claim?
- What If I Have Further Questions?