How Do I Know If My Employer Is Covered By Workers' Compensation?
The Pennsylvania Workers` Compensation Act covers nearly every worker. Employers must provide workers` compensation coverage for all of their employees, including seasonal and parttime workers. Nonprofit corporations, unincorporated businesses, and even employers with only one employee, must comply with the Act`s requirements.
Federal civilian employees, railroad workers, longshoremen, shipyard and harbor workers are covered by other compensation laws.
Speak to an Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified workers' compensation lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local workers' compensation attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Workers' Compensation Articles
- What Is Workers' Compensation?
- Who Is Covered By Workers' Compensation?
- I Was Injured At Work. What Should I Do?
- How Do I Get Medical Treatment For My Injury?
- Will I Be Paid When I Am Off Work?
- Will I Be Paid Mileage For My Trips To The Doctor?
- Will I Get A Settlement?
- Are Occupational Diseases Covered?
- Will I Be Paid Anything For Scarring Or Disfigurement?
- What If I Am Unable To Return To Work Because Of My Injury?
- What Is The Second Injury Fund?
- What Is Vocational Rehabilitation?
- What If My Employer Failed To Obtain Insurance?
- Which State's Laws Apply To My Case?
- Do I Need A Lawyer For My Workers' Compensation Case?
- How Long After An Injury Do I Have To Report It To My Employer?
- What Workers' Compensation Benefits Am I Entitled To?
- If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?
- When Will My Benefits Begin And How Much Will They Be?
- If I Am Unable To Return To The Type Of Work I Did Before I Was Injured, What Happens?
- My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?
- When Should I File A Claim?
- What If I Have Further Questions?