My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

If you receive a notice that your claim has been denied, the form must clearly explain the reasons for denial. If you have contacted the insurer and are still not satisfied, you may contact the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry for help. If the problem has not been resolved, the Department of Labor and Industry specialist can explain the dispute resolution options and help you decide what is best for your problem. You may need to ask for a formal hearing before a compensation judge by filing a Claim Petition form. You can contact the department at the phone numbers listed below.

Twin Cities area and southern Minnesota (651) 297­4377; 1­800­342­5354
Duluth and northern Minnesota: (218) 723­4670; 1­800­365­4584

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More