How Long After An Injury Do I Have To Report It To My Employer?
Your employer must complete the First Report of Injury form within10 days from its knowledge of a workers` compensation claim to report it to the employer`s insurance company.
Effective Aug. 1, 2000, requires employers to give their employees the Minnesota Workers` Compensation System Employee Information Sheet at the time the employees are given a copy of their First Report of Injury. The First Report of Injury is a form that is filed when a workplace accident occurs.
The longer you wait to report a work related injury the higher the risk of losing compensation benefits.
Additional Workers' Compensation Articles
- How Do I Know If My Employer Is Covered By Workers' Compensation?
- What Workers' Compensation Benefits Am I Entitled To?
- If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?
- When Will My Benefits Begin And How Much Will They Be?
- If I Am Unable To Return To The Type Of Work I Did Before I Was Injured, What Happens?
- My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?