What Workers' Compensation Benefits Am I Entitled To?
You are entitled to weekly compensation benefits, which may be claimed as long as a disability and wage loss continue. Specific amounts and calculations depend on the date and type of your injury.
If you are unable to perform work for which you had previous training or experience, you are entitled to vocational rehabilitation which includes counseling, guidance, specialized job placement or shortterm retraining.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Workers' Compensation Articles
- How Long After An Injury Do I Have To Report It To My Employer?
- How Do I Know If My Employer Is Covered By Workers' Compensation?
- If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?
- When Will My Benefits Begin And How Much Will They Be?
- If I Am Unable To Return To The Type Of Work I Did Before I Was Injured, What Happens?
- My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?