If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?

The injured worker has the freedom to choose his treating physician and he may switch from one specialty of care to another without having to seek approval of the employer or insurance company. You must, however, have permission to switch from one provider to another within the same field of specialty. There may come a time when your employer will require you to be examined by a physician of his choice. Your failure to submit to any reasonable examination may cause your compensation payments to be temporarily suspended until you do so.

Speak to an Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified workers' compensation lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local workers' compensation attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More