My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

Before filing a claim, the parties to a workers compensation dispute should try to resolve the conflict. Department of Workers' Claims (DWC) encourages conflict resolution through voluntary mediation.

Lines of communication among the employee, employer, and insurance carrier should remain open at all times before and after an injury. This will facilitate the resolution of any claim disagreements and will help assure prompt return to work.

Ombudsman and Workers Compensation Specialists assist citizens in workers compensation matters by answering questions and attempting to resolve conflicts. Although most requests for assistance are made by workers, DWC specialist and ombudsman services are equally available to employers, medical providers, and insurance carriers. The Division can be contacted at the following address and number.

1270 Louisville Rd.,
Perimeter Park West, Building C,
Frankfort, KY 40601
Phone: (800) ­554-­8601

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More